Follow by Email

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chrstimas lights, decorating the tree and running a half marathon

Hello and Happy Sunday Lovely's,
Look Out World

Well we have had one busy busy weekend. After working my first full week at The Art Institute of Tucson, which I absolutely loved, it was time to play. We started the weekend out by meeting up with my favorite momma for a walk around camps. Mrs. Cassie Wright is due in just 2 short weeks. We are all anxiously awaiting his arrival. After a brief walk we met up with the boys at 1702 for a beer and some pizza before they left for the U of A Basketball game. Tommy and Rick went to the game while Becky and I headed up to he El Conquistador to pick up our racing bids. 

After the game and our lil bid adventure Tommy and I headed to the Home Depot to pick out our tree and get some more home decor to get the house even more festive. It took us looking at 4 trees before we found the perfect one for the Monkey's first tree. It was actually pretty funny watching her look at the trees. She was not sure what to do with them. If she could get close enough she would try to put the pine needles in her mouth. 

Good Looking Tree

Daddy got the tree home and in the stand so we could let the leaves fall and decorate it. It is a really pretty tree. It is tall and full and filled the house immediately with the smell of Christmas. Once we got the tree in and ready I began to prep for the our race. We had to be up so early that the more I could have done the night before the better. So I made us an oatmeal breakfast by simple taking a 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup milk, put it in the fridge and allowed the oats to soak up the milk. It is a perfect quick breakfast and is the perfect consistency by morning. All we added were some granola and raisins. It is the best pre-race breakfast.... at least I think so. 
Snow Angel

 I then got my running pack ready that was made of an extra granola bar, cliff bar blocks, my ID and my headphones. You never know what you will need for a run. :0)  I ended up sleeping in Gwyn's room, since we still have a queen bed in there, so I would not wake her or Daddy up when I got up in the morning. I hit the sack around 10:30pm and had my alarm set for 3:10am. We had to be up at Venatna Medical Center by 5:00am to catch a bus to take us to the start line. It was a crazy early day!

My alarm went off way to early this morning, but since I had everything done the night before, all I had to do was get dressed. I picked up my partner in crime, Mrs. Becky Welp, and we were off to the races. We managed to pick a good bus that we did not have to get off of once we got the start line. We had an hour before the race started and did not want to hang outside in the 46 degree weather. They did have heaters all around, but they were not big enough to accommodate all the half marathoner's. So we hung out in the bus until they literally kicked us out. 
Here We Go!

It was a perfect day for a race. It was freezing cold at the starting line, but once we got going the temperature warmed up, it was perfect! The boys brought the little one's to meet us at the finish line. As I rounded the corner to cross the finish line I saw Tommy and Gwynnie cheering me on. It definitely made finishing the race totally worth it. This was my first race back since having my ACL replaced and giving birth to Gwyn. It was one hell of a Sunday for me I must say. It would not have been as much fun without Becky running with me and Tommy and Gwyn seeing me cross the finish-line. 

My Trophy

After the race we enjoyed some tasty Blue Willow breakfast. If you have not enjoyed there food I highly recommend that you do. Nothing hit the spot better then a chorizo burrito and a pumpkin doughnut. I know it is an odd combination, but is was a darn tasty one. After Breakfast we headed home to rest and decorate the house some more. I handled the tree while daddy added more lights out side. This is truly my favorite time of year. I love all the lights, the smells, the baking and the family time. Let me tell you running today made up for all the tasty treats I have been eating. :0)  Life needs a little indulgence. 

Well my weekend has come to an end and what a fun one it was. I got to spend it with people I love. You can never have a bad weekend when they are spent like that. I hope that you all had just as fun of a weekend as I did. Please share any fun stories, holiday events or just some tidbits to what you have been up to. I want to leave you with one of the best sounds in the world and that would be the sound of Gwynnie laughing as Daddy is tickling her. 

Until Tomorrow keep loving, laughing and living life!
Much Much Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment