Sunday, December 18, 2011

Let the Christmas Parties Begin

Hello and Happy Sunday Lovely's,
Well Hello to you
Love my outfit Auntie Lisa





Another successful week has come and gone. Work is going fantastically. I had to take a "Mastery Test" on Friday, which I passed!!! All new ADA's have to take this test before we can even begin to chat with potential students. I was super excited to pass it on the first try. Now I just need to complete my final role play and then I will be changing lives. I cannot wait to tell you about my first day on the phones. :0)



The Monkey has been on a roller coaster of emotions this week. Tommy and I think she is going through a growth spurt and has been unusually cranky this week. Poor daddy had her in the bathroom at G-Grill before bowling on Tuesday and she was just screaming her little head off. Daddy could not comfort her in any way. He tried feeding her, changing her, rocking her and nothing worked. By the time they got to bowling she was her happy go lucky self. As daddy would say... She was a little psycho. We ended up winning 3 out of 4 games in bowling, not a bad bad night for the our team.

Up close and personal

Sleeping on the job

















The week was pretty much the same old same old until we got to Friday. Friday was the first Christmas party of the season. It was at our friends Juliet and Henry Fortino's house. It was the annual Hanukkah/Christmas party. I was so looking forward to it, but Gwynnie was not about it. We are not sure why, but the minute we got in the door she went into psycho mode.

Finished Product




Juliet was super nice to let us use her bathroom and let Gwynnie scream it out. We were literally tag teaming with her for an hour and a half. We did not want to be those people at a party with a screaming baby so we just hung out until she stopped crying. It was not until G-ma Becky came in with the magic touch that got her to go to sleep. She was out for at least 20 minutes or so and daddy and I got to enjoy some of the party... There were potato pancakes I had to munch on!


This is for GG



The party was a blast and I was so excited to see friends that I have not seen in a while. Robert, Taryn, Jennifer, Sarah, Jill, Becky, Greg and of course the host's of the party Juliet and Henry. That is the only thing I do not like about my job is  that I do get to sweat with some of my favorite people on Monday mornings. I guess I am just going to have to have more coffee dates. :0)

Looking Good!

Saturday night was our annual white elephant party at the Sears house and what a party it was. The Monks and I spent the day with Auntie Sammie baking and prepping for all the shinnanigans. We were baking machines and had a huge help in with "The Fish" aka Haylee. She was the fastest stirrer, as she would say, and she taste tested everything to make sure it was ok for our guest to eat. Sammie did a great job in making GG's traditional pitzels. The Holiday's are not the same without her, but making those cookies makes it feel as if she was there with us. 

The Girls




 The party was an unbelievably good time. Spending time with friends and family is the only way to spend the holidays. My head was pounding by the time we left because I was laughing so hard. When you get our whole group together you cannot help but laugh. Sammie made yummy for our tummy pasta sauce and everyone else brought over tasty treats for all to enjoy. I must say what ever Nikhil brought was so tasty. It was a tiny little ball of goodness that you dipped in a mint-habanero sauce. It was cool and spicy all at the same time. I was totally stuffed with all the tasty goodness that was served.

The Boys




The fun really started when we started to open up presents. I knew it was going to be a fun/interesting night after Kyle opened the first gift. It was Manischewitz wine, tropical flavored condoms and Miller High Life... The good times were just getting started. Almost every gift that was opened wither had beer or wine in it. I do believe our friends enjoy having spirits :0). 





Loves Paper


Although the last gift opened at the end of the night was by far the best gift... It was adult footy pajama's complete with reindeer face on the feet. Kevin was the prize recipient of that gift. I am not even going to write anymore about the party, I am just going to let the pictures speak for it. As they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Enjoy the Highlife







The weekend ended with Sammie and I having a girls they with our little nuggets. We left the boys at my house to watch football while we braved the stores to go shopping. for last minute Christmas shopping. I was actually surprised that Target and the mall were as mellow as they were. I was in out of the checkout with in 5 minutes. I did not wait in any line. The longest I waited was at the photo kiosk at Target for my prints in minutes. It was super nice to spend the weekend with my Twinnie. I cannot remember the last time we spent that much time together.
The weekend is coming to an end and I am looking forward to this coming week as well. I am making cake balls tomorrow for our bowling party on Tuesday, I get to complete my final role play and begin calling students and more importantly it is Gwynnie's first Christmas! I cannot wait for those pictures as well. Well I hope you all had just as fun of a weekend and I did. Here's to a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday! Until tomorrow keep loving, laughing and living life!
A little Crown never hurt anyone!

The gift that keeps on giving





















Good Night Nurse!

Much Much Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment