Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

Hello and TGIF lovely's,

Thank you!

So today's blog is all about those who allow us to be free because they are brave.  I would not necessarily call my family a military family, but we do have those who fight for our rights. I get to wake up every morning, smile at my baby girl and remind myself that it is because of people like my Daddy, Poppy, Uncle Frank, Uncle Walter, Cousin Joseph, Cousin Diana and her husband Jessy and not to mention the families that wait for them patiently to return home safe. 

Captain Joseph and Noelle Salucci
I cannot help bu think of my cousin Joseph, who is deploying this Sunday, for his 3rd tour of duty. He will be gone for another 7 months protecting our freedoms. His wife is Noelle, who I had the pleasure of playing soccer with at the U of A. They are two people who I hold very close to my heart. I will be thinking incredibly positive thoughts to them until he comes home safe. 

Jessy and Diana Lankin
My cousin Diana and her husband also serve for our armed forces. They just welcomed their first daughter, Jessalyn Mary Lankin into the world just 2 weeks ago. They have fought to for our freedom as well in Iraq and Afghanistan. 
Will always have a cold one waiting for when you come home!
Words can honestly not express the emotion that I have felt today. Individuals and their families making the ultimate sacrifice, everyday, so we can enjoy our basic freedoms. The thing that struck me all day is that it should not take Veterans Day, Memorial Day or 4th of July to thank those who serve our country. Take a moment everyday to look around, take in the smells and faces that make up your life. Do not wait to tell those around you how much they mean to you because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Live each day as if tomorrow never comes and have no regrets. 


To my family and friends... I love you more then words can say. I think about you often and know that you are never far from my thoughts. I put the Dixie Chick "Travelin Soldier"on the blog because I could not help myself. I hope you enjoy it. Remember to take a moment to thank those who serve our wonderful country. Remember to keep loving, laughing and living life!

Much Much Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment