Follow by Email

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A busy few days!

Hello and Happy Thursday,

Good Morning!

Funny Daddy
First off I would like to apologize for not posting the last few days. Things have been a little crazy, good, but crazy! Tommy left with the team for Vegas on Tuesday morning. I am really excited for him and the team this year. They are so young and have so much potential, it is going to be a good year. We got up with Gwynnie, who was a very happy baby on Tuesday morning so we could all hangout before daddy had to leave.

Daddy loves to play around with Gwynnie in the morning. He was getting in all he could since he is going to be gone over the next couple of days. She is going to miss her daddy so she made sure to get all she her smiles and laughs in before we said ta ta for now. Daddy had his breakfast while Gwynnie had hers and we just chatted and enjoyed each others company. I had a busy day a head of me. I had a phone interview with a pharmaceutical company on Wednesday and had to prepare for that, drop tickets off to McKale and pick-up Grandma from the airport. Fun day ahead of me and Gwynnie. 
Good Luck Daddy
Daddy headed to the airport and I began my preparation for my interview on Wednesday. While I was preparing for the interview I received a phone call from the company I was interviewing with asking if I could be available for a face to face interview on Thursday in Phoenix if the phone interview goes well. I told them of course I would be and I got a sudden rush of excitement. Not only did I have a phone interview, but the potential of a face to face was incredible, since I have not heard back from the companies I have applied to. Everything happens for a reason though and I am just letting life takes it course.
Fun day with mommy

The afternoon trucked on and the Monks and I headed down to campus to meet with some friends and drop off football tickets to a friend. We stopped in to see Lisa and Stella so Gwynnie could say hello to them before we ran our errands. It is always good to see what they are up to. Gwynnie was showing them all her new tricks. She showed them how she makes raspberries, eats her fist and clasp her hands as well. After we visited with our friends at McKale we headed down campus to run the rest of our errands. Gwynnie was a trooper all day. She just people watched while we cruised down campus and had conversation with me while we were driving around town. 

Resting up for Grandma
We headed home around mid afternoon so the Monks could take a nap and I could try and get some more work done for my interview and apply for jobs. We also had to pick grandma up from the airport as well. We were both very excited about that. Grandma has not seen Gwynnie since she was 4 weeks old. Grandma could hardly wait to get out here, but once at the airport got the news that everyone dreads... DELAY! She was supposed to land in Tucson at 6:45pm and she now was not leaving LA until 8:45pm. Gwynnie and I were bummed that she was not going to get here until late evening. :( So I decided to give Gwyn a bath and take a shower myself since it was going to be a late when we got home and we could just go to bed once grandma got in. 

Hi Grandma
We scooped grandma up around 10:30pm or so and could not wait for the weekend of fun to begin. Gwyn was asleep on the drive to get grandma, but once we got home she was up and ready to play. She was telling grandma all her stories and showing her how she makes raspberries and eats her fist as well. It is rather entertaining to watch Gwynnie try and stick both hands in her mouth. I decided to top her off before going to bed in hopes that she would sleep through the night. 

Berry Sweet
Gwynnie did sleep through the night and allowed mommy to get some good sleep so she could be ready to go for her interview. I headed to Starbucks so I could tale the interview without being interupted. It is very hard to concentrate when you have such an adorable face string at you. I headed out the door and grandma got some quality Gwynnie time. 

Good Luck Mommy
The interview went really well and I thought that I would be passed on to the face to face interview. I was pretty amazed by the fact that before I even pulled the car into the driveway, after the interview, I received a call to schedule my face to face interview time. I had to be uo to Phoenix by 10am on Thursday to chat with my potential boss. It was very exciting and I had to call Tommy to share the news with him. He was very excited and proud of me as well I was of myself. It was nice to get the opportunity to get an interview because sometimes that is all you need for a company to truly see you and what you can bring to a company.

Hot ladies right there
Since I do not have really any appropriate interview attire grandma, Gwynnie and I decided to head to the mall so I could find something. We must have shopped for 2 hours before finding the perfect outfit that would land me the perfect job. It was from grandma's favorite store, The Loft, and I absolutely loved my outfit. Grandma got it for me as a gift and I was so appreciative of the gift, it was really sweet of her. Now I had all my preparation ready to go for my face to face and we were now heading to beyond bread for a snack.
Time to Grub
Grandma called our cousin Ally, who is a freshman at The U of A, to see if she was available to go to dinner with us. I was really excited when she decided to join us for dinner. It feels like forever since I have seen her and it is crazy considering that she lives only 15min away. We went to dinner at one our favorite restaurants, The Cup Cafe, in Hotel Congress. It has unbelievable food and deserts. If you have not tried it I highly recommend that you do. So many different flavors and types of food that it has something for everyone in your group. check it out the next time you are in town.
I love my carrot
Thursday came awful early this morning. Gwynnie was a fabulous little one last night and slept for over 6 hours before she woke up to feed. I got good sleep for my interview today. We had to leave the house no later then 7:30am to get up to Phoenix by 10:00am. I wanted to get there a little early so I had time to decompress and get ready to charm the individuals I was about to meet. 

Time to go mommy
The interview went well. It was definitely nerve racking since the only jobs I have interviewed for have been retail jobs and this is not a retail job. I am just over the whole 4 walls and door deal, working every weekend and holiday as well. I am looking for a 9-5pm, Monday through Friday that allows me to be in the community, meet new people and educate them on health and wellness. I am hoping this job allows me that opportunity to do that, we shall see. I am now waiting to hear from their HR department to see if I move on to the next stage. Fingers crossed all goes well, which it will. :)

Hi Kathi

Since we were up in Phoenix we stopped off to see an old friend of the family, Kathi, for some lunch and catching up. She is expecting her second grand-baby in roughly 2 weeks. Her son, Shea, and his wife, Cyndi, are due on Oct 29th. They are expecting a little boy, Reed and we could not be more excited for them. We stayed for a couple hours and enjoyed some lunch and small talk on what is new and exciting in our worlds. We spent the majority of the afternoon laughing and catching up that we did not realize how late it was and we needed to get home to watch the U of A game. We said our ta ta for now and headed back home. 

Uncle Kevin and the Fish
Gwynnie was a champ and slept the whole way home. She loves car rides! We decided to head over to Auntie Sammies and Uncle Kevin's for dinner and some football. We were playing UCLA this evening and we were really hoping for a victory and a victory is what we got. Our Cats rocked UCLA's world tonight by beating them 48-12. We stayed until half-time and then wanted to get the Monks home. she was pretty darn tired and had truly been amazing today by allowing us to cart her every where and not say boo about it. She only cried when she was hungry and the rest of the time just made raspberries and tried to figure out her fist.

I am sleepy mommy
All in all the last couple of days have been great ones. I know that I have written a novel and have left out some things, for that I apologize. I hope you enjoy hearing about what has been going on with us over the last couple of days. Please let me know your feedback and what you want more of or less of. It is time for me to sign off and head to slumberville. So until tomorrow keep loving, laughing and living life!

Much Love,


  1. Liz,

    I loved reading about your blog. You are a very good writer!! She is a beautiful girl. Thanks for keeping me informed about your life!!

  2. I love sharing what we have been up to. I may be biased, but I think she is pretty darn cute.