Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Funday

Hello and Happy Sunday,

cutest bunny ever!

Today started out pretty darn early. It was the last event of the Gabe Zimmerman Triple Crown events which started at 6:45am this morning. I was up at the wonderful 4:30am hour! Gwynnie was really good last night and slept for 5 hours the first time around, woke up at 2:00am to eat, which she did for 20 min, and then fell back asleep and slept for Daddy until 6:30am. I wish I could say that I got good sleep last night, but I started the feel the onset of cold coming so I was on and off with sleep. I almost did not go to the race, but I have completed the first 2 events and I wanted to finish it out. Luckily I had my partner in crime, Kyra with me to run. Braving the cold this morning we set out to finish the last 5k of the events.

Rockstars? I think so!!!
When we were walking towards the starting line we got a nice surprise of seeing Erica and Kyle. Erica was running her first 5k! I was so excited and proud of her for committing to the race. With her run/walk plan in place she was going to rock her first run. Erica is even going to run another 5k and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. She is becoming a running machine. This race I just wanted to have fun and not worry about time, especially since I was nto feeling to hot. I truly enjoyed Kyra's company, since I do not have the pleasure of working with her everyday anymore I really just wanted to take in all time I could with her. She only has 20 days left until she gets married! So exciting!We finished the race in 30min and 22sec. Then we waited around to cheer Erica on as she finished. 

Victorious
 After we saw Erica cross the finish line, Kyra met up with our friend Stephanie so they could set up a cheer station to cheer on those who were running the 1/2 marathon. Anna is a girl who ran in our run group and was completing her first 1/2 marathon. Kyra and Stephanie set up shop right at the 10/13 mile marker which was in the sun to keep them warm since it was so cold this morning. I headed home to to hang with Tommy and Gwynnie. 

When I got home I really was nto feeling to hot. I ended up laying down and falling asleep on the floor while watching football. I have been nothing but pounding water and trying to sleep today. Have not really eat'n, which is not best thing, but really drinking a ton of water. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow, but I do not think I will be making it to Crossfit in the morning. I need to listen to my body and it is saying rest. Tonight is going to be another early night. So until tomorrow keep loving, laughing and living life.

Much Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment