Saturday, October 15, 2011

Meet Yourself Tucson

Hello and Happy Saturday lovely ones,

Cheeky Monkey
Today was a fun fun day. We did not get an 8 hour night, but she did sleep for 4 hours, eat and then went back to sleep for another 4 hours. So we got kind of an 8 hour night, just not 8 hours in a row. :0)  We could not complain to much. The Monkey woke up in her normal happy fashion with just a little hint of bitter betty because she had to poop. She chilled in bed with daddy and I while she tried to poop and we tried to sleep. That is did not last to long, she was up and ready to start the day. So I grabbed her and took her to the living room to feed her. While I was feeding her daddy made us both a cup of coffee, which was most appreciated. Daddy was reading the paper while I flipped between ESPN game day and CNN. 

The Lloyd's
While enjoying our morning Tommy read in the paper about the "Meet Yourself Tucson" event that was being held downtown this weekend. It is an event showcasing local eateries and clubs throughout Tucson. It is a carnival of food, if you will. We decided to head down and meet the Welps down there for some fun in the sun Saturday. Before we left Tommy ran to the market to get some essentials for the slow cooker we were making for dinner. We decided to make one of Tommy's favorite slow cookers, split pea and ham soup. It is one of my favorites as well. While daddy went out to grab what we were missing I got ready and began cooking what we had to get it going.
 
The Welps
With all the ingredients in the slow cooker and the timer set for 8 hours, we were set to meet the Welps downtown. We strapped the kidlets in their strollers and began our tour around all the tasty venders trying to figure out what we were going to eat. I went with the strategy of eating somewhere I have not eaten before, which was the majority of the venders there. I decided on some Jamaican curry chicken with plantains. It was some tasty deliciousness that I will definitely have to go to the restaurant for some more. Tommy also had to get some Pad Thai that was some tasty goodness as well. There are a lot of tasty places to eat in Tucson and they are all in one area for one weekend. I highly recommend going to "Meet Yourself Tucson" and check it all out. http://www.tucsonmeetyourself.org/

The little one's and the Daddy's
The day was still young so we decided to head to the Hub brewery for an afternoon delight. I truly enjoyed the Vanilla Porter. It was a deep beer with a light vanilla flavor that was not sweet, but refreshing. It was just a nice way to end the Saturday afternoon out and about around town. We took over the corner area of the pub with our stroller and the babies... "You have a baby, in a bar...." "This one is still in the tit, so I can cart it anywhere." ~ Sweet Home Alabama. Gwynnie even knocked out a 20 minute nap on the plush couch. I love that she can sleep anywhere, it definitely makes is nice to be able to take her anywhere and not worry about how loud it is going to be.

Gwynnie and Daddy
The afternoon was coming to an end and we still have our slow cooker to enjoy. We stopped at the store on the way home so I could pick up some items to make some homemade cornbread to go with the soup. My cornbread is a sweet bread and I love mixing it with a saltier soup to get the salty and savory flavors rocking together. I was also in the mood to bake, so some of my favorite oatmeal cookies were getting brewed up as well. Daddy and Gwyn were napping while I was baking. I was a little loud in the kitchen and woke Tommy up from his nap, my bad. I just could not sit still when we got home, I had to keep moving. 

Me and Tommy
 Today was a nice little Saturday. The Monks got a bath and is down for the count now and so is mommy. It is time to call it a night. I hope you all had a fabulous Saturday. Until tomorrow keep loving, laughing and living life!

Much Love,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment